Thursday, June 7, 2012


the interrupted unconscious of kubla khan  


she has an acute
sense of smell
now that
she is pregnant
and has often condemned

my deodorant my hygiene
my morning breath
my feet
even though
I shower at least
once a day and brush twice

and when the dog’s express
their anal glands
or the cats
spray the litter box
she is the first to point fingers

but this morning I called
her from work
and she said,
last night
when I rolled over

I think I swallowed a fart
in fact the taste was
so pungent I checked
your ass to see if it was wet

and even though
I’ve showered
brushed my teeth
and have eaten
my morning oatmeal

the taste of your asshole
is still on my lips

it woke me out of a sound
sleep and I was having
this really amazing
dream which I can’t
remember but if I could
I’d be so happy
I’d recreate that miracle

and no one
would believe their eyes


No comments:

Post a Comment