Tuesday, October 2, 2012


Dear Cut/Throat,

To coax language out
of poets is to
rescue and neglect
become the feared shape
a lively terrain
relieved in the blood
made up of despairs
the impossibly
crumbling towers
departed before
the faint, climbing moon
to coax language out
I saw you approach-
ing welcoming me
to interrupted
quiet to the grim
retreating waves with-
out outstanding
virtue and delight.
You slapped my face and
and the melody line
laid tentative smiles
measuring the tread
of the setting sun
and I wonder why
the cold headstone closed
unclothed by each dream
tramples each flower
buried in the mud
announcing spring is
here! Silently look
at me in the same
bed dancing, dancing
surrounded by a
heavy printed scent
metaphor’s descent
and at the moment
of impact we are
composition’s loss


No comments:

Post a Comment