Monday, July 9, 2012


practically perfect in every way


she talks on and on
and at such
volume
about her
genius brother

I don’t know
where he
gets it
she said
he’s perfect
and he scored
perfect
on his SAT’s
and near
perfect
on his LSAT’s

I mean
he could have
gone to medical
school no problem
and if he did he probably
would have cured
cancer
AIDS
pretty much
everything

but then we’d
have over-
population
I tell her
if nobody
dies
we’ll all be
living on
top of
each other

well he’d likely
fix that too
because I think
he also really liked
building things
when he was
a child


but I think
best of all
he’s not
negative
like you
you’re always
so negative
like your
life is so bad
she said

and he’s so happy
all the time
like he doesn’t
have a care
in the world

but he’s
all alone
in that big house
and he can’t
get a woman
to stay
longer than
a night
and I just
don’t understand it
she said


well
cheers to the genius
I said

cheers to the genius
she said

some lives were made
to be wasted

No comments:

Post a Comment