Sunday, April 29, 2012


THE HORRID FOREST
you get to know me
unconditionally
by chasing me
through the horrid forest

we know it is horrid
because it is
guarded by a puma
without head legs or tail

and to enter or depart
you must crawl
through one
of the pumas
three great orifices

here you fire beating
hearts at
my back as I run
between the savage trees

you call this falling
in love

throwing beating
hearts at me the hearts
pouring through me without delay

and when I look back at you
your hands aren’t actually
throwing heartbeats
as much as they are
heartbeats pouring
through you

and we’re not as much
playing a game
called magical dangers
as we are hovering over our bodies

listening to each other’s
hearts beat the sound
of a parade in the distance

drawing closer
with each and every breath

No comments:

Post a Comment